Questions about Standardized Testing Requirements for the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing
What are the Standardized testing admission criteria?
All applicants are required to take the TEAS V. Scores must be dated August 2013 or later for Fall 2015 entry.
Test of Essential Academic Skills – TEAS test
Early Decision: Adjusted Individual Total Score ≥ 75%, at least 60% in each module
Regular Decision: Adjusted Individual Total Score ≥ 60%, recommended at least 50% in each module
Comments: For further explanation of your scores, visit www.atitesting.com
- The TEAS Version V offered by ATI is the current standardized pre-admission test that the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing will require for all current and new applicants.
- TEAS results if taken elsewhere may be submitted and will be reviewed for acceptance if they are within 2 years of entrance to Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing.
- If it is determined that an applicant’s scores do not meet the admission criteria he/she will be sent a letter or an e-mail advising them to consider re-taking the TEAS.
- If an applicant wishes to retake the test, he/she must wait 3 months. If the test is repeated within 3 months, the earliest score will be considered.
- The test must be completed and results must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
How do I register to take the TEAS Test at the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing?
Applicants who are interested in taking the TEAS test computer version must visit the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing Bursar tab and sign up to take the Pre-Acceptance Nursing Test.
How can I review for the test?
Visit the ATI testing site and click “ATI Product Solutions.” Under “Pre-Nursing School,” click “Test of Essential Academic Skills.” At the bottom of the page, you can choose from the products offered for TEAS V.
Can I take the TEAS test at the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing?
Yes, by registering in advance for the dates below by visiting the “Bursar” tab. The location of the testing center at the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing is 2500 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, PA 19090. On the day of the test, registration is in the lobby of the Pennwood building and the exam room is the Computer Resource Center. REGISTRATION MUST BE DONE IN ADVANCE THROUGH THE BURSAR TAB. NO MONEY WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE DOOR. Please bring your receipt of payment to the test.
- The fee for testing is non-refundable, and requests for rescheduling will NOT be considered. All “no show” registered test applicants will forfeit the test fee paid.
- No one will be allowed in the testing room without two forms of ID (one must be a government issued ID).
- Test results will be made available within 24 to 48 hours after test completed.
- Please do not contact the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing to have the staff interpret your results. Instructions on how to interpret your results are provided by ATI.
TEAS Test Dates for 2013 – Visit the “Bursar” tab to register for the test
Test Date: Sunday, 9/29/2013
Registration Deadline: 9/27/2013
Test Date: Sunday, 10/6/2013
Registration Deadline: 10/4/2012
Test Date: Wednesday, 10/30/2013
Registration Deadline: 10/28/2013
Test Date: Saturday, 11/09/2013
Registration Deadline: 11/07/2013
Test Date: Friday, 11/15/2013
Registration Deadline: 11/13/2013
Test Date: Saturday, 12/07/2013
Registration Deadline: 12/05/2013
Test Date: Friday, 12/13/2013
Registration Deadline: 12/11/2013
Test Date: Friday, 12/27/2012
Registration Deadline: 12/25/2012
TEAS Test Dates for 2014 – visit the “Bursar” tab to register for the test
Test Date: Tuesday, 1/7/2014
Registration Deadline: 1/5/2014
Test Date: Friday, 1/10/2014
Registration Deadline: 1/8/2014
Test Date: Saturday, 1/11/2014
Registration Deadline: 1/9/2014
Test Date: Monday, 1/13/2014
Registration Deadline: 1/11/2014
Where else can I take the TEAS test?
Applicants may take the TEAS test at another location as long as the following criteria are met:
- The TEAS test includes the four separate English, Mathematics, Reading and Science modules.
- The applicant submits his results to the Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing by requesting a transcript from ATI (www.atitesting.com) or by mailing in a hard copy.
- The results are within two years of Fall entry at Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing.
- The applicant must wait 90 days to repeat the test, regardless of the test location.
For testing centers, please visit the “Register for TEAS” link at www.atitesting.com. Educational Institutions also offer the TEAS test. The applicant is responsible for finding these institutions and ensuring they meet the above criteria. Please consult the selected institution for policies related to registration and transmission of results.
What is the format of the TEAS test?
The format consists of all multiple-choice questions. Each module includes trial items for the purpose of future test development. Answers to these questions are not counted in the scoring. The test is computerized; students will receive pencil and paper for their calculations since calculators are not permitted.
- English – Punctuation, grammar, and spelling
- Reading – Comprehension, inferences, and conclusions
- Mathematics – assesses arithmetic (integers, fractions, decimals, and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric skills)
- Science – assesses knowledge of general science, biology, human anatomy and physiology, chemistry, and physics.
When do I get the TEAS results?
TEAS results are available within to 24-48 hrs. The TEAS test results will be available based on your test ID number assigned by ATI Testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide us with the most current test scores.
I have received my results. Which score is considered?
The Individual Adjusted Total Score is considered to be the overall score, and should be at least 60%. The subject module scores for English, Reading, Math and Science are also considered. It is recommended that applicants have at least a 50% score for each of these subjects.
If you have questions about Abington Memorial Hospital Dixon School of Nursing, please call 215-481-5500 or email AMHfirstname.lastname@example.org